These are tips for exporting your movie (non-HD PAL format) in Windows Movie Maker. We will export the files as WMV files.
It is recommended that you go through the process twice and create one movie for viewing using Windows Media Player and the other for uploading to YouTube (the export settings are different).
Preliminary step: Before beginning the process, make sure that you have selected
- the PAL format
- the appropriate aspect ratio: 16:9 for widescreen or 4:3 for non-widescreen
Go to Tools – Options – Advanced and check the settings. Change them if necessary.
1. In the File menu select Save Movie File
2. Select the My computer option
3. Enter the name of your movie (you can also specify a location) and click Next.
4. Select Show more choices
5. Select ‘Other settings’
6. Choose the setting. There are different settings for the following:
a) Non-widescreen video to be posted to YouTube
b) Widescreen video to be posted to YouTube
c) Non-widescreen video for classroom/computer viewing
d) Widescreen video for classroom/computer viewing
6a.Non-widescreen video to be posted to YouTube: Select High quality video (large)
6b.Widescreen video to be posted to YouTube: : Select High quality video (large)
6c.Non-widescreen video for classroom/computer viewing: Select High quality video (PAL)
6d.Widescreen video for classroom/computer viewing: Select High quality video (PAL)
7. Click ‘Next’ and your video will be produced.
Return to the Video Projects Main Page