Here are some additional learning activities
Short Story Writing
Identifying Adjectives and Dialogue: Ths is a short analysis activity featuring text from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets).
Cross-Curricular Online Game
These are first-person 3D computer games produced using the MissionMaker game engine. They were designed to help Form Two revise concepts related to electricity. In each game, the player has to complete a couple of science-related tasks (e.g., sorting conductors and insulators). After that, they can start hunting aliens. The first game ends when the player rescues a prisoner. The second game ends when the player returns photographs of the aliens’ invasion plans to the control room. The third game is a promotion activity that was designed for the English Awards Scheme.
Downloads (Right click and Save As)
- MissionPlayer: This is the free software used for running the games (www.lamwoo.edu.hk/subject/emi/player.exe)
- PlayMission files: These are the games
a) IS1: Test your knowledge of electric circuits, fight aliens and rescue a prisoner(www.lamwoo.edu.hk/subject/emi/IS1.zip)
b) IS2: More about electric circuits; more aliens. You need to find and photograph the alien invasion plans. (www.lamwoo.edu.hk/subject/emi/IS2.zip)
- Inception Paradox: A more complex game: Find clues, fight and solve a tricky puzzle. This zipped file includes a jpeg file explaining how to control your character and move around and text document regarding how to solve problems that might occur in Windows 7.(cmestudio.wordpress.com/2011/04/01/new-mission-maker-game-inception-paradox-level-28)
- Download the MissionPlayer software
- Install the MissionPlayer software in your computer.
- Download any PlayMission games you would like to play (right click and ‘save as’).
- Unzip the downloaded PlayMission game. (The unzipped files have the extension .PlayMission)
- To play games, it is recommended that you open each PlayMission game directly from Windows Explorer or the Desktop. The MissionPlayer software will start automatically.
Video Production Activity: We Made It
We Made It! Video Project: This was a project we did with Form 2 classes to introduce them to working with video.
Campus Photo Quiz: Here are some photos taken around the school campus. Can you identify the place where each photo was taken?